The division of Molecular Imaging and Photonics aims to facilitate world class biological and materials research by providing cutting-edge fluorescence microscopy instrumentation and data processing tools to researchers in Belgium and beyond.
The resources at MIP include:
• A fully incubated Leica TCS SP8X laser scanning confocal microscope with super-resolution STED, light-sheet and multi-photon imaging capabilities, which is unique in the BeNeLux.
• Two confocal microscopes Fluoview Olympus
• An Olympus CellTIRF Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence instrument
• Multiple purpose built single- and multi-color wide-field epi-fluorescence microscopes
• Image analysis workstations with state of the art software packages and in-house developed software.