Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
As a System Engineer, you help our client to function efficiently by organizing and operating the IT infrastructure. You guarantee that our client'ss IT systems, ISP services and data center network are reliable, efficient and cost-effective. In this way, you help them being a "best in class" virtual network operator
System and network management: You will develop and maintain the system and network infrastructures (Cisco switchboards and routers in the Scarlet data center), including monitoring and alarm services, according to the industry's best practices and procedures. You are able to make management recommendations to improve our current system and network infrastructures, with focus on minimizing operational costs.
- ISP management: You will design, implement and operate the client's ISP infrastructure, which includes Mail, Radius and DNS services.
- Office automation: As part of the “internal IT”-team, you will implement and operate the client’s office automation infrastructure, consisting of Microsoft servers (AD, Exchange), Desktops/laptops, Print infrastructure and PBX/call center infrastructure.
- You will help develop and maintain procedures and guidelines for the creation and maintenance of the above services and infrastructures in accordance with industry best practices. You have experience with documenting in relevant design and implementation documents.
- You provide operational IT support to your colleagues and are one of the members in the 24/7 standby team. You act as "third liner" for operational problems with the network, the internal IT and at ISP leve
- You love to learn and in your turn, share your own experience with the IT team. You are an independent team player who communicates smoothly and likes to help others.
You are smart and have some way to prove it (e.g., you have an educational background in Computer Science or IT Engineering). You know the technical (im)possibilities of:
- Microsoft: Active Directory (GPO), Windows Server, Terminal Services, SCCM
- Linux: Oracle Linux/CentOS
- Networking: Cisco, Firewall, WAF, Load balancing, PKI &SSL/TLS, VPN, VoIP services, Internet protocols (DNS, Http/Https, SMTP/IMAP, Radius)
- Storage: SAN networks (iSCSI / Fiber channel), backup & recovery
- Virtualization: VMWare
- Oracle-knowledge is a plus
A challenging opportunity with room to develop your talents.
An attractive salary, group and hospitalization insurance.
A collective bonus linked to achievements of the company.
Meal vouchers to strengthen the inner person and a plan to stay connected (mobile phone and mobile + fix subscription at interesting employee conditions)
32 days of paid leave.
A business location that is easily accessible, with an (almost) panoramic view of Brussels from our outdoor terrace.
Good coffee machines, a pool table and Happy Hours to forge ties with your colleagues
For more information, visit our website (click on our logo).
Please reply through the button below.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Solliciteren kost slechts enkele minuten.