Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
Qcify builds Quality Inspection systems based on computer vision and deep learning for the food industry. Currently we have two machines and we are mainly focussed on the nut processing industry.
Founded in 2015 we are currently going from start-up to scale-up and we are expanding the team.
We are looking for an internal, full time R&D engineer to join the team in Herentals.
We are building our new software stack which is the foundation for future Qcify machines. We use a modular design with key components being implemented in C++. Primary platform is Linux but we also support Windows.
High level, we have a user interface in QML on top of a C++ back end. All components are integrated using structured messaging and we rely on Nvidia technology for the deep learning. Our machines run in factories and need to be performant and reliable. We leverage cloud service for all our central computing needs.
Our way of working is based on DevOps but we only use the concepts and practices that make sense to us, without going into the full overhead of Agile or other heavier frameworks.
We strongly believe in enjoying our work and doing it efficiently and effectively. We avoid administrative overhead and red tape as much as possible.
- An attractive salary
- Secondary benefits
- Company car
- Extra holiday at Christmas
At least 5 years of experience with the relevant technologies (see below).
- A DevOps mindset and experience with test and deployment automation are required.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent language skills (Dutch and English) are required.
- Experience with real time systems is a plus
- Experience in computer vision and machine learning projects is a plus
- Extra language skills are nice to have
- Experience with UI & UX design is nice to have
Way of working
- You will work independently and will be accountable for your results.
- You are motivated to learn. Technology evolution within R&D is constant. You are expected to keep abreast of developments in the field and bring new and innovative ideas to the table.
- You come to the office if you have to or if you feel like it. The results of your work count, not where you are physically located, we strongly believe in Telework.
- You will be part of the global Qcify team and are expected to work in an international context. This only works with the right tools: video chat, a good internet connection and proper audio & video setup are essential.
- There are opportunities for global travel but this is not a requirement.
Key technical skill (must have)
A strong C++ (v17) developer (at least 5 years experience)
AND / OR
A computer vision and machine learning expert (at least 5 years experience)
(CUDA, TensorRT, ONNX, OpenCV and custom vision algorithms)
High value technical skills
- Experience in equipment manufacturing
- Experience with industrial automation & protocols
- Strong Linux skills and a thorough understanding of computing infrastructure
Added value technical skills
- GTest and other testing frameworks
- Git and DVC for versioning of code and training data
- CMAKE and deeper compiler understanding
Nice to have
- Azure DevOps tooling
- Deb packaging
- FlatBuffers and ZeroMQ
- TimescaleDB and MariaDB
- Experience with Cloud services
Are you interested in this job?
Contact us as soon as possible. We take the time to check your CV and motivation and plan a follow up meeting.
Your data will be treated with the utmost discretion.
You can consult our diversity statement via this link.
+32 474 91 79 65
R&D, Engineer, Herentals, DevOps mindset, UI, UX, technical, IT, C++, Linux, Python, CMAKE, EtherCAT,
Solliciteren kost slechts enkele minuten.