Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
We are looking for a senior accountant who can strengthen our accounting team in Belgium, being responsible for the daily accounting and monthly + year-end closing of all our Belgian entities of the Unifiedpost Group. You might be in charge of multiple entities and will report to the Accounting Manager, Belgium.
• perform daily accounting tasks or delegate to junior accountants under your supervision
• review of coding done on invoices to the right accounts, cost center, product line, VAT codes, …
• prepare VAT, MOSS, … declarations
• collect, analyze and summarize account information
• conduct month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process
• prepare balance sheet and profit/loss statement
• prepare the annual accounts in Belgium + publication
• prepare all necessary local tax declarations
• audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
• keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation
• you are Netsuite key user
• follow accounting principles and other quality standards
• respect deadlines
• apply work procedures, guidelines and instructions in performing the job responsibilities and tasks
• train, mentor and coach junior accountants to ensure knowledge sharing
• take over colleagues’ tasks and responsibilities during holidays or other leaves
• an advanced degree in Accounting
• proven work experience in an accounting firm or other relevant field as accountant for more than 3 years
• very good knowledge of accounting (BEGAAP) and corporate finance principles and procedures
• good knowledge of the local fiscal legislation
• expert in excel
• strict attention to detail and confidentiality
• fluent in Dutch and English, French is an asset
• IFRS knowledge is an asset
and on top of that you ...
• have a passion for accounting and figures
• are good in clear, concise, coherent communication
• are a strong team player, this is a must
• are a critical thinker with the ability to search, classify, interpret, summarize and present information
• can plan, prioritize and deliver autonomously the job tasks
• you are willing to take responsibility for performed work, with little supervision
• are proactive, take ownership, focus on problem solving more than problem finding and adapt to changing environment and priorities
We offer a competitive salary package and company car in line with your experience and qualifications. Extra benefits are flexible hours, extra-contractual holiday, and home-based working possibilities.
Challenges: we’re transforming the world of business communications and transactions. You will develop your technical skills but also your knowledge about business processes.
Responsibility: making a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks.
Common purpose: you grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge. We all work together towards one goal.
Unifiedpost Group is gradually transforming into a more regulated company. As a result, all roles within any of the companies of the Unifiedpost Group are subject to some form of a background check. For most roles, this will involve a simple identity and degree verification. For other roles, we might be required to also verify your criminal record and employment history.
Voor meer informatie bekijk onze bedrijfspagina (klik op ons logo bovenaan de vacature).
Solliciteer direct via onderstaande button.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
accounting, BEGAAP, fiscal legislation, tax, excel, IFRS, figures, team player, critical, communicative
Solliciteren kost slechts enkele minuten.