Waarom onze organisatie
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
We are currently looking for an innovative Product Development Engineer to work with our talented team of engineers and designers. In this role, you will help design & develop new products for the future traveller, aligned with our sustainability strategy. You will assist with proof-of-concept and prototype testing. You will also review existing designs, supporting the enhancement or revision of our current products. You will use these skills to create technical drawings that aid in the design and production process. Resulting in top-notch future proof high quality products.
In this role, you become part of the Product Development & Innovation Team working on all Made In Europe products, produced in our plants in Belgium & Hungary.
The ideal candidate will:
- Provide efficient Computer Aided Design and engineering support to the product development team, in close collaboration with the design department to achieve effective design, development and production release of products.
- Identify and recommend creative solutions to key problems, either through the choice of material, manufacturing process, tooling or practical design, always in line with our sustainability product strategy.
- Ensure that 3D designs are issued on a timely basis.
- Control very carefully every new prototype, carry out a thorough detailed evaluation of the specifications and propose constant improvement.
- Maintain structure in the product data in a logical and professional way for all departments involved.
You will become part of an international group, which is performing strongly and is a global leader in its field.
Samsonite is offering you an attractive remuneration package, in accordance with your experience and profile, and the opportunity to develop your skills in a truly international context that is in constant development.
Applicants should ideally:
- Be in possession of minimum a bachelor’s degree, in product development, mechanical engineering or similar.
- A track record of several years working in product development & plastics industry is a plus.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge in NX, plastics, injection molding.
- Knowledge of Teamcenter and/or CAE (e.g. FEM) is a plus.
- Demonstrate a very high degree of curiosity.
- Constantly keep abreast of new products, materials and sustainability.
- Be pro-active and show strong problem-solving skills.
- Be methodical, logical and detail oriented.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
- Be a strong team player.
- Enjoys working together with different departments; design, marketing, quality and production.
- Have an excellent command of English.
Voor meer informatie bekijk onze bedrijfspagina (klik op ons logo bovenaan de vacature).
Solliciteer direct via bovenstaande button.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
What I like about my job as a designer at Samsonite, especially for American Tourister, is that we can work on every type of project from beginning to the end. Final you can see a product on the market, which is really grateful and interesting to see.
Hoe ziet je sollicitatieprocedure eruit?
Solliciteren kost slechts enkele minuten.
Hier ga je werken: Samsonite Europe Nv
Founded in 1910, Samsonite is the world’s leading luggage brand with an extensive legacy in trendsetting travel solutions. Renowned for breakthrough research, development and its commitment to innovation, Samsonite has excelled since its inception in a number of industry firsts. Samsonite offers an extensive range of travel, business, casual, kids and personal accessory products. Samsonite helps travellers journey further, with ever-lighter and s...Ik wil meer weten over Samsonite Europe Nv