Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
This project aims to improve the forecasting process within the Materials department
Within Paccar Parts, the Materials department is responsible for the parts availability, delivery reliability of suppliers, the stock levels at the PACCAR Parts distribution centers (PDCs) as well as the stock levels at the dealers. For this project, the relevant departments within the Materials department are the Demand Planning department and the Managed Dealer Inventory (MDI) department.
The Demand planning department manages the inventory at the six PACCAR Parts distribution centers (PDCs) in Eindhoven, Leyland, Budapest, Madrid, Moscow and Panama. Forecasting is an essential part to plan the demand.
The MDI department supports dealers to maintain and improve their stock management to reach our mutual goal of a high stock availability for the end customer. Based on data analysis including forecasting, parts order recommendations are developed for each dealer location and transmitted electronically to the dealer daily.
?The Materials department is responsible for managing different SKUs varying from fastmoving to slow-moving products, high volume to low-volume products, cheap or expensive products. All these different product characteristics in combination with an uncertain environment makes forecasting of spare parts complex. In addition, forecasts are generated separately for each department with multiple levels of aggregation. This project aims to improve the forecasting process within the Materials department and, therefore, the following research questions are formulated:
· How can the forecast error be reduced?
· How should the forecasting performance be measured?
· How can the forecast be aligned between the Demand Planning department and MDI department?
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 450,- (WO) per month on full-time base
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
- Each intern will have the opportunity to participate at the Student Event. During this event you will meet other interns and find out more about DAF/PACCAR!
Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? Here you can read stories of our former interns.
- English language is mandatory
- Studies Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering
Please upload your resume and motivation below. For more information you can contact Yassmine Boussihmed (Campus Recruiter) on phone number 040-2142616.
Solliciteren kost slechts enkele minuten.