Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
An experienced Engineer with solid analytical skills.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world; always being driven by our design philosophy “environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers”. As a global operating company we offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
The Architecture EEA department within Embedded Engineering is responsible for the:
- translation of requirements on a functional level into a physical Electric/Electronic (E/E) Architecture consisting of Control Systems; a combination of hardware and software components,
- the further split of PACCAR developed Control Systems into an architecture consisting of hardware, Basic Software and Application Software, and
- maintenance of expertise in key areas, like Cyber Security and Functional Safety
To support the growth in projects and technology development, we are seeking a well-qualified E/E Architect, to work within our creative team in an innovative, fast moving environment.
As E/E Architect you will be part of a team which develops the E/E architecture for the entire DAF vehicle, including the PACCAR engine. Within this multidisciplinary team you will work as an E/E Architect representing several domains.
You will be responsible for:
- Definition of the E/E architecture, together with your fellow architects
- Mapping of your functions onto the E/E components within this architecture
- Refinement of the functional interfaces to hardwired I/O and network interfaces, like CAN
- Mapping and refinement of functional and non-functional requirements to Control Systems, including both Functional Safety and Cyber Security
- Documentation of the functions
- Maintenance, improvement and extension of the architecture
You will review and approve:
- Stakeholder requirement documents
You will support:
- Root cause analyses of complex issues
- Process definitions and improvements
- Development and rollout of necessary processes and tools
In this position you will report to the Supervisor of the Architecture EEA department and meet frequently with the Function Architects and Designers, Control System Architects, Property Owner Cyber Security, Principle Engineer Functional Safety and Control System Owners.
At DAF you will work in an innovative and committed organization. Cooperation and responsibility are key. We offer you a career with development opportunities. You don't just choose a job, you choose for a career at DAF.
Working together on a high tech product, with passion and pride. That's working at DAF. In addition to a good salary, DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
- Technical education on master level with a specialisation in control theory, electrical- or automotive engineering
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of embedded software and/or hardware
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards (ISO 26262 and SPICE)
- Experience with Change- and Configuration management is a plus
- Experience with IBM Rhapsody, UML and DOORSNG is a plus
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract / conceptualize
- You are able to explain complex technical information clearly and to the point
- Fluent in English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing to learn Dutch language.
Do you recognize yourself in this position, apply by uploading your CV and motivation letter.
For further questions please contact Ruben Jonkers (Interim Recruiter) via Tel: +31402142741
Solliciteren kost slechts enkele minuten.