Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
Who ensures DAF meets the customs compliance requirements
The Tax department of DAF Trucks is responsible for the company's tax strategy. In addition, the Tax department provides support to DAF’s various business units on all applicable taxes. This concerns both direct and indirect taxes, with a strong focus on Europe.
Geopolitical developments have permanently changed the customs landscape in recent years. A clear example is Brexit. Combined with an increasingly complex supply chain and an increased focus by customs authorities, this has resulted in the newly created position of Customs Manager at DAF.
The main purpose of the position is to ensure that DAF meets its customs compliance requirements. In addition, the Customs Manager will be responsible for optimizing DAF's customs position.
- First point of contact for local and foreign customs authorities;
- Answering questions and advising internal departments e.g. controllers and logistics departments, on customs related matters;
- Being part of internal project groups where customs expertise is required;
- Developing, implementing and optimizing customs procedures and guidelines;
- Managing various customs compliance related matters, such as classification, determining the customs value and activities related to the origin of goods;
- Informing and advising the organization about the consequences of new or amended customs legislation / trade agreements;
- Monitoring and optimizing the import- and export processes from a customs perspective;
- Maintaining and establishing contacts with external advisors;
- Responsible for applying for and maintaining existing and new authorizations, customs permits, etc.;
- Performing internal controls to ensure customs compliance requirements are met;
- You report to the Indirect Tax Manager Europe.
At DAF you will work in an innovative and committed organization. Cooperation and responsibility are key. We offer you a career with development opportunities. You don't just choose a job, you choose for a career at DAF.
Working together on a high tech product, with passion and pride. That's working at DAF. In addition to a good salary, DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
Drive your career, join DAF!
- Proven experience and extensive knowledge in customs matters in the industry (minimum 6 years);
- Extensive knowledge of European customs laws and regulations as well as international customs legislation (WCO & WTO)
- Completed MCTA training or similar;
- Aware of the latest developments in the field of customs legislation;
- Experience in cross functional collaboration - Interaction between Customs, regulatory, VAT, export controls etc..
- Fluent in English and Dutch language - written and spoken - is essential;
- Hands on mentality, independent and affinity with IT systems.
Apply by uploading your motivation letter and CV via the application button below.
If you would like more information about this vacancy, you can contact Gus Kuijken (Manager Recruitment) via telephone number 040-2142726.
Solliciteren kost slechts enkele minuten.