Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
A technical and commercial discussion partner with good negotiating skills.
Working at the PACCAR Purchasing department takes place in an international, challenging and inspiring environment. The professional selection of suppliers and the management of relationships with our current suppliers is essential for continued success for our company. The purchasing process is of strategic importance for DAF Trucks. This is evident from the fact that 75% of the costs of a truck are purchased. As a Commodity Manager Digital Systems you play a central role in this process.
With more lines of software code than in a jet fighter, encryptions on par with those of banks, and connections to numerous cloud systems, DAF Trucks heavily rely on the latest digital technologies to continuously improve safety, security, efficiency, and autonomy. This role brings you straight to the center of these new developments. By shaping the right supplier partnerships and by identifying supply base opportunities, you are pivotal to our future commercial and technological competitiveness.
As Commodity Manager you are responsible for the entire purchasing process for an assigned group of product, in this case you will be responsible for digital systems.
You take care of the supplier selections that arise from new digital business, connectivity, diagnostics, embedded systems, cloud applications, and truck related IT projects. In addition you are responsible for the supply base management of our digital systems portfolio. You are driven towards continuous improvement and synergies. The integration of Six Sigma and Benchmarking has your constant attention while the concepts of Requirements Management, UNECE, GDPR, and Analytics are familiar to you.
Your job is focused on but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- You are responsible for selecting suppliers and carry out contract negotiations. This is done by focusing on quality, price and reliability of supply;
- You strive to involve suppliers as early as possible in our development processes;
- You closely follow the market developments within your field;
- Based on key performance indicators, you demand continuous improvement from your suppliers.
In this role you report to the Purchasing Lead Digital Systems.
At DAF you will work in an innovative and committed organization. Cooperation and responsibility are key. We offer you a career with development opportunities. You don't just choose a job, you choose for a career at DAF.
Working together on a high tech product, with passion and pride. That's working at DAF. In addition to a good salary, DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A good retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
Drive your career, join DAF!
- You have a completed bachelor or master degree in a technical area;
- You have several years of experience as a buyer IT and/or Software and know all the ins and outs about the digital landscape;
- You have a strong commercial attitude and excellent communication skills in English;
- You have the drive and ambition to take up a challenge;
If you would like more information about the vacancy Commodity Manager Digital Systems, you can contact Evy Jacobs (Corporate Recruiter) on telephone number 040-214 2986. Interested? Apply by uploading your motivation letter and CV via the apply button below.
Solliciteren kost slechts enkele minuten.