Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
At amfori we believe in a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. We call this Trade with Purpose.
As the leading global business association for open and sustainable trade, we bring together over 2,300 retailers, importers, brands and national associations representing a combined turnover of more than one trillion euros.
We offer our members a practical framework and world-class tools that enable them to manage the social and environmental performance of their supply chains and anticipate trends. We also advocate for progressive policy and collaborate with high-level stakeholders to achieve common aims.
Our work enables organisations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. These are major challenges across the world which require a collaborative effort to tackle. So, while our members can’t solve them on their own, together we can influence and drive positive change at scale.
About the role
As Climate Change and Sustainable Business Expert at amfori you will be Responsible for:
- Provide technical and strategic vision on climate change and trade throughout the supply chain for open and sustainable trade.
- Be part of amfori’s environmental programs team focusing mostly on Climate Change, but also supporting the team in activities related to Chemicals, Deforestation, Waste, circularity, product traceability and other environmental indicators.
- Identify environmental programs services continuous improvement elements particularly on climate change, emissions, and supply chain related aspects to support high quality services delivery.
- Provide or recommend relevant training/information and relevant data to the department and to members and member networks.
New services development:
- Deliver a market/competitors analysis in relation to carbon calculator/footprint analysis providing priorities and recommendations.
- Support the thought process, innovation and piloting for new and enhanced services for emissions measurement and other climate change and environment related products and solutions for members.
Promotion of the Environmental Programme:
- Support and provide insights to advocacy and innovation departments on Climate related debates and legislative and regulatory developments that could directly or indirectly affect the mission of amfori and its members when needed.
- Represent and promote internally and externally the Environmental Programme in climate networks such as, but not only, the UNFCCC fashion charter.
Internal dissemination of Environmental/Climate expertise:
- Be the go-to-person for knowledge and information on Climate Change, particularly related to supply chains, emissions, carbon calculator and related issues.
- Coordinate the association’s environmental project groups to raise members awareness and convene ideas and needs on climate change topics, collect members feedback and input and work collaboratively with the environmental programs and other units.
Other tasks could be requested as the delivery of BEPI 2.0 arises priorities and new challenges.
- Delivering amfori’s environmental programmes regarding climate change solutions with the expected level of quality and integrity.
- Increase internal and external awareness of our environmental services related to climate.
- Active stakeholder engagement to allow amfori to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in this area.
- Identifying issues which are of equal importance to all / most members and to amfori.
- Providing solutions that are relevant for members and that can be delivered by amfori.
- Permanent contract based in Brussels
- Remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, group insurance, DKV hospital and dental insurance and contribution to public transportation for commute to work.
- Possible travel within Europe; and
- An exciting international environment located in Brussels.
To work from amfori’s main office in Brussels.
Key Qualifications & qualities
- At least 5 years of relevant experience;
- A post-secondary education in environment or a related discipline. Experience in lieu of education can be accepted.
- Industry experience is considered an asset;
- knowledge/experience in working on Scopes 1,2 and 3 emissions is an asset.
- Good understanding of the interplay between trade with particular emphasis on supply chains; legislation, trends and carbon footprint (GHG emissions and carbon calculating).
- Understanding of trade and environment, particularly climate change; knowledge of related policy and instruments such as the Trade and Sustainable Development, the EU Green Deal and climate change policies and context are desirable.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment;
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Team player, cooperate with other staff;
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Thorough working proficiency in English, any other language is an asset
- Familiar with MS Office
- Experience negotiating with different stakeholders is an asset.
- Experience/knowledge in circular economy and supply of green products and services, greener consumer choices and eco-innovation are assets
Voor meer informatie bekijk onze bedrijfspagina (klik op ons logo bovenaan de vacature).
Solliciteer direct via onderstaande button.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Sustainability climate change
Solliciteren kost slechts enkele minuten.