Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
What are we looking for?
The BI team is providing solutions at the level of reporting and analytics for the SD Worx organization. It takes care of the underlying datawarehouse, the data load processes (ETL) and the exploitation of this information. The primary objective of the team is to leverage the value of date to our organization. BI engineers are expected to cover the full range of duties between capturing the needs of our business colleagues, also identifying the potential value of existing BI services, to building and extending ETL, the datawarehouse, and the reporting and dashboarding solutions that make use of it.
How does your day look like?
• Eagerness to learn the functional and business background of the SD Worx BI processes
• Gather requirements, in partnership with stakeholders and other team members
• Must be able to convert business ideas into functional analysis, and also writing the technical analysis
• Select the appropriate technological solution, by undertaking a short proof of concept and validation cycle with stakeholders
• Implement solutions compliant with the team standards, and in right balance between detail and pragmatism. And with a critical mindset on risks, eg: impact on delivery schedules
• Prepare, implement when automated, and execute functional tests, if required
• Root cause analysis of defects/issues for own developed but also for legacy solutions (monitor daily loads,..)
• Must be able to work in an agile environment (Scrum team)
• Good communication skills to achieve excellent customer service as well as close end-user collaboration for quick feedback cycles
• Write end-user documentation when required.
• Degree holder in IT / IT related fields or equivalent by experience
• Have at least 5 years experience in the design and development of BI solutions
• Have strong knowledge of relational DBs and extensive SQL expertise (incl. SQL performance tuning)
• Have solid expertise in the Microsoft BI stack and the development of ETL using SSIS and automation through BIML
• Have solid expertise in elaborating dimensional models
• Can engage stakeholders in order to transform ideas into innovative solutions
• Possess strong communication skills
• Working as a team player with a high degree of autonomy, and flexibility to engage both in small individual assignments as in large team assignments.
Experience in these domains is considered a plus (no hard requirement):
• Possess SSAS, SSRS, MDX and DAX expertise
• Have experience in developing self service BI solutions;
• Capable of making data insightful (visual representations, semantic model, ...)
• Knowledge of Cognos (reporting, framework design); PowerBI or Tableau
• Data Analytics experience
• Knowledge of IBM SPSS modeler or R Cognos
SD Worx offers you, besides a competitive salary and benefits package, the autonomy and flexibility to take ownership of your work. With the possibilities of flexible working hours, homework, working from other offices,… you can organize your own work.
For us, learning and innovating are like breathing, inspiring us to always go beyond. We offer multiple trainings, projects… where you will learn from experts or in practice. From the start you will be engaged in your team, where we share knowledge, talents and celebrate our differences.
From many places, we work as one, moving from better to best together.
For more information, visit our website (click on our logo).
Please reply through the button below.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Solliciteren kost slechts enkele minuten.