Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
As AR accountant & Credit Controller, you will get the opportunity to deep dive in the world of customer accounting and credit control of our several Alpro markets (Belgium & Luxembourg, UK & Ireland, DACH and The Netherlands).
You report into to the Accounts Receivable Manager and are part of the Credit Controlling team.
You are the crucial link between our customers , our Sales team and other internal stakeholders.
You will be a true business partner and a crucial link between our customers, our Sales teams and other internal stakeholders. Processing the incoming payments from customers, taking decisions on the release of orders blocked for delivery are some of your daily responsibilities.
On the other hand, processing the incoming invoices from customers will give you a total global picture. You will be a key player in making sure we have a continued optimal aging balance by minimizing our overdue position through efficient and effective collection actions.
About the job
As a AR accountant & Credit Controller, your key responsibilities are:
Processing of incoming invoices: You monitor the status of the incoming invoices, process the invoice, perform checks and allocate the cost center for the department.
- You have no problem making the correct accounting transactions of promotions and discounts based on agreements (initiation & documentation of credit note request forms, etc.)
- You ensure maximal processing of payments and invoices by the end of the month (process re-invoicing, posting of provisions, monitoring of invoices, etc.).
Cash collection : You are responsible for cash process. You allocate and process incoming payments.
Credit controlling: You are in the lead for resolving the credit issues in a smooth manner, through direct contact with our customers, Sales & the customer service team:
- You pro-actively make suggestions to get the best solution.
- You report about the open and aged invoices per customer via a monthly aging balance and a quarterly payment behavior report.
- You are a true problem solver in case of overdue items (contact customers, discuss the customer situation with the respective sales managers, etc.)
- You safeguard company assets in case of customer failure.
- You make estimations on the financial behavior of new customers and propose suggestions to make sure the customer pays on time.
- You keep track of the complaints log.
Information sharing: As a true business partner, your input is crucial for our Sales team:
- You inform Sales and Customer & Sales Service on customer payment behavior insights.
- You have an eye for optimizing opportunities to reduce working capital in Accounts Receivables.
- To be able to achieve the above and be successful in this role we believe you need to have:
- A Bachelor in Accounting is a plus, or equivalent in experience.
- You’re accurate and you enjoy working with figures and administrative tasks
- You are a team player and true relationship builder, for all internal & external stakeholders.
- You are an outstanding communicator: you interact professional, assertive, diplomatic and constructive with all stakeholders, both over telephone as written.
- You have excellent influencing and problem solving skills: you are able to get commitment on an action plan. You dare to take the necessary initiatives and actions; both internally as externally: to customers and suppliers.
- You are fluent in English. Any other language, is an asset.
Alpro, the European plant-based pioneer of Danone, brings health through food to as many people as possible by producing healthy, tasty plant-based food and drink in a way that respects the planet. One Planet. One Health.
Our delicious plant-based products are made from soya, almonds, hazelnuts, cashew, rice, oats or coconut.
We want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world and because of our efforts to combine social and environmental goals with financial success, Alpro is B Corp certified.
By joining us you will become part of one of the leading and most innovative food companies in the world.
We believe that everyone has talent, something which comes natural to you. Your uniqueness is something which brings both excellence as well as energizes you.
For more information, visit our website (click on our logo).
Please reply through the button below.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Solliciteren kost slechts enkele minuten.